- Integrating technology into Chinese language teaching
- Developing web-supported and web-based courses
- Training translators for the teletranslation services
- Tasked-based translator training, quality assessment, and the WWW, with Suzanne Zeng.
Teaching Translation and Interpreting 4. Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company, 2002.
- Designing and Implementing Chinese Online Lessons,
The World of Chinese Language, June 1999, No. 92, pp. 33-41, 1999.
Conferences and Workshops
Learning Chinese Through Translation
(International Conference on Translation Studies, Cross-Cultural Communication and Chinese Pedagogy,Portland, Oregon, October 24-25, 2008)
- A Distributed Language Learning Model for Beginning Web-based Chinese 初級中文「分佈式語言學習模式」
(Third International Conference on Internet Chinese Education, Taipei, October 24-26, 2003)
( International Conference on Chinese Language and Teaching, Taipei, 2000)
(First International Conference on Internet Chinese Education, Taipei, May 22-24, 1999)
- Task-Based Translator Training, Quality Assessment, and the
(Fourth Language International Conference, Shanghai, China, Dec. 1998)
- Task-Based Language Teaching (TBLT) and the WWW
(CLTA Presentation, ACTFL, Chicago, USA, Nov. 1998)
- Web-Based T&I Training and
(International Conference of Translation and Interpretation Studies, Vigo, Spain,
( International Conference on Chinese Language and Teaching, Taipei, 1997)